Buffalo wings + meatballs = match made in Heaven! These Buffalo Chicken Meatballs taste incredible…lick the plate good. So good, you’d think they’re bad for you.
Prepare to be pleasantly surprised. Go ahead – happy dance if you want.
These buffalo chicken meatballs are made with lean ground chicken and packed with healthy vegetables – whizzed through the food processor so you hardly notice them. What you do notice is that the meatballs are incredibly moist. There’s just enough blue cheese so you get that delicious tang, but not all the fat.
Adjust the hot sauce to your taste – I like a lot. You can use whichever brand you fancy – I personally adore Frank’s RedHot.
These are a perfect football snack – or party appetizer – or even a light dinner when you have a hot wing scratch that needs to be itched.Print
Buffalo wings + meatballs = match made in Heaven! These Buffalo Chicken Meatballstaste incredible…lick the plate good. So good, you’d think they’re bad for you.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Cut the celery, carrot and green onion into large chunks and throw into a food processor.
- Pulse to chop into small bits.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetable mixture, chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic powder, salt, 1/2 the hot sauce and the blue cheese.
- Gently fold together to combine, but don’t overmix.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs – you should get about 28 small meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, put the rest of the hot sauce and the butter into a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave about 30 seconds, until butter melts.
- Stir well to combine.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Place the meatballs onto a serving dish and drizzle with butter/hot sauce mixture.
- Serving Size: PP 4
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 0.8g
- Sodium: 741mg
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Trans Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 13.8g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, buffalo meatballs